Wow, two days and I'm already exhausted. A solid night's sleep should not leave me this tired but after a full day in the sun, I am eager with anticipation for the coming week. Mass this morning at the neighborhood church and a stop at the bakery on the way back to the posada and then pancakes should provide adequate energy, but somehow, after an afternoon at the football game, I am ready to curl up and sleep through the night and start work tomorrow. With any luck, we will all be working with each other, but either way, it will be great to get the work started.
~J.B.
PADRE y MADRE!! fuimos a ver un partido de futbol y no era muy interesante y decian malas palabras. jajaja. te quiero mucho pero no vas a ler esto, jajaja.
Beso, Catu y Tote
It's been a great couple of days in Baja California! Though we're only miles from the US border, it feels like we're in a whole different world. I loved the taqueria last night, though I definitely overdid it with the peppers (tears were running down my face). Today, church was awesome, and futbol was muy divertido (very fun). I can't wait to get working tomorrow and start meeting the amazing people of the Tijuana community!
Much love to everyone,
Taryn
These two past days have been very exciting because of such great people that are here! Today we went to a soccer game and it was so much fun getting to experience such a great activity. The food is so delicious.
Ruby
WOW! The first couple days in Tijuana, Mexico have been amazing! As my first time outside of the country I can't believe the surroundings and atmosphere around us. When arriving in Baja California, the amount of garbage in the streets and poverty we saw pulled at my heart strings. It is nothing like home. It is crowded, there are lots of stray dogs begging for food and yet the joy you get from seeing a smile on a stranger's face...it gives me so much joy. Many people have little here but are sooo happy. And at home in the U.S. people have more and many still aren't as thankful, happy, joyful and alive as these people are. I love being here. I love it.
love to my family and friends.
Emily Ann :)
Thanks for updating us all on your activities. We are praying for you during your week away and thinking of you all the time. In solidarity with you we are also taking 1 minute showers. We put up signs in the bathrooms to remind ourselves. We look forward to hearing from you again.
ReplyDeleteI love reading the updates and am so sad that I am not there with all of you. I have been praying for all of you and the people of Tijuana and can't wait to go there in Sept.
ReplyDeleteI am glad everyone loved the Taqueria and the soccer game.
Stay safe and healthy. You are all in my prayers, Kris (the ex beast) Josie, you are the beast now. I hope you are doing well with that!